At Fairview the food is home-made and often home-grown, sourced from our own garden and we keep our own chickens for the freshest of eggs. In recognition of our responsibility to the environment we also use ‘green’ products for housekeeping, laundry and cleaning. Desmond has a ‘wormery’ and three compost heaps. And Juno does her best to keep us in supply of dog poo to throw down the mole holes as a way of trying to convince them to move to the neighbors for less smelly passageways.
Our garden is definitely our biggest attraction and we can set up visits to other local private gardens.
Dorothy Perkins rambling rose
Kale growing in our garden amidst the poppies
Angels Trumpet / Moonflower
nectarines in abundance
teeny tiny little frog hinding in the Agapanthus
Subscribe to blog via email:
* Free Wi-Fi
* Tea/Coffee * bar fridges
* TV with DSTV + DVD players
* We accept major credit cards
* High quality mattresses
* Quality Cotton percale linen
* Hair Dryer * Fan / Heater
* Writing desk / table
* Travelers look forward to a home cooked meal and we are happy to prepare dinner just for you. Unpretentious, typical South African food and prepared from home-grown, locally sourced products. Served as tray-dinner to be enjoyed in your room or served in the dining room.
R130- to R200 per person, depending on the menu.
* Soup, bread and cheese or Salad and wholewheat bread : R50- per person.
* Bring your favorite wine, we'll provide glasses & bottle opener.
* We could also reserve a table for you at one of our favourite restaurants.
* non-smoking establishment, but we have a covered porch for smokers
* Regret no pets allowed
* 'I loved the attention to detail'
* 'nie totsiens, maar tot weersiens'
* 'wonderful home, beautiful garden, comfiest beds; will be back'
* 'excellent breakfast, great hospitality, beautiful gardens'
* beautiful house with so much character and such a beautiful garden.'
* my home away from home once again - great service. thanks'