At Fairview the food is home-made and often home-grown, sourced from our own garden and we keep our own chickens for the freshest of eggs. In recognition of our responsibility to the environment we also use ‘green’ products for housekeeping, laundry and cleaning. Desmond has a ‘wormery’ and three compost heaps. And Juno does her best to keep us in supply of dog poo to throw down the mole holes as a way of trying to convince them to move to the neighbors for less smelly passageways.
Our garden is definitely our biggest attraction and we can set up visits to other local private gardens.
our indigenous Clematis Brachiata
We have had no bergwind yet and our Tibouchina tree is in full bloom
Angels Trumpet / Moonflower
Dorothy Perkins rambling rose
teeny tiny little frog hinding in the Agapanthus
nectarines in abundance
Subscribe to blog via email:
* Free Wi-Fi
* Off street parking
* Tea/Coffee * bar fridges
* Flat Screen Televisions
* DVD players * safes
* We accept major credit cards
* Travelers look forward to a home cooked meal and we are happy to prepare dinner just for you. Unpretentious, typical South African food and prepared from home-grown, locally sourced products. Served as tray-dinner to be enjoyed in your room or served in the dining room.
R130- to R200 per person, depending on the menu.
* Soup, bread and cheese or Salad and wholewheat bread : R60- per person.
* Bring your favorite wine, we'll provide glasses & bottle opener.
* We could also reserve a table for you at one of our favourite restaurants.
* no smoking inside, but we have a covered porch for smokers
* Regret no pets allowed
Our Guests at Word:
* 'I loved the attention to detail'
* 'nie totsiens, maar tot weersiens'
* 'wonderful home, beautiful garden, comfiest beds; will be back'
* 'excellent breakfast, great hospitality, beautiful gardens'
* beautiful house with so much character and such a beautiful garden.'
* my home away from home once again - great service. thanks'
We'd love to have you stay. Enter your preferred travel dates to check availability, the rates and to make a reservation.